Thursday, April 25, 2013

Milliande Art Studio Rust Dyeing Experiments for Textile Art

Milliande Art Studio Rust Dyeing Experiments for Textile Art 
Finally patience is rewarded, and I unravelled the first rust due scrim fabric that has been simmering in the garden for 
about 6 weeks ish … complete with windswept leaves the tangle needed a little tlc
IMG 8661
After a good wash and careful iron I started to experiment with adding a little white ink to the rust dye on the scrim fabric to lighten the texture and color blend. I used a large soft brush and scrubbed the ink into the fabric then scrunched it up to get some random marks 
IMG 8667
Not a little grey blue ink for some contrast and color wheel friendlyness
IMG 8665
Off to dabb the extra excess blue ink and sponge the rest onto some watercolor paper … I do not like wasting ink ;-) 
IMG 8666
scrunching up the mix and rolling it about with my hands to work in the color and remove the stiffness of the fabric
IMG 8662
REVEAL Ohh a little bit lush :-) 
IMG 8668
Milliande Art Studio Rust Dyeing Experiments for Textile Art 
… milliande